Webmail Login – You might not want to access your email through an email software or client. The big question is; can an email account be accessed through a web browser? The answer is yes, it can.
Webmail is the most efficient channel through which we can access our emails on a web browser. One good thing is that it is never incompatible.
How to Login to Webmail
Webmail login is just straight to the point without many steps. If you have the details of your email account, then you are all ready! Here are the steps to log in to Webmail:
1. Open a web browser on your device
2. Go to webmail.gigared.com
3. The login page will be displayed. Kindly input your email address and password in the boxes available.
4. Click on login
How Can One Create a New Mailbox in Webmail?
Creating a mailbox on webmail isn’t as difficult as you think. You can do this on one.com. If you follow these simple steps you should be able to create one:
1. In the email account section, click the mailbox tab
2. Click ‘add mailbox button
3. Enter a unique mailbox user name. (The user name + domain combination will be used to generate the mailbox’s email address. For example, [email protected].)
4. Set a password for your email account. Passwords must be at least 6 characters long and cannot contain the term “password,” a numeric series longer than 3 characters, the domain name, or the user name.
5. Enter your password again in the Password box.
6. In the spaces provided, enter your mailboxs first and last name. This is entirely optional.
7. Fill up the name that will be connected with the mailbox. When the user sends an email, this name will be shown. This is entirely optional.
Is Webmail Safe?
Although your company might implement secure connections to encrypt emails exchanged between the server and email clients, numerous webmail servers may lack adequate security measures.
Consequently, there exists a potential vulnerability wherein a malicious actor could intercept your company’s internet traffic, gaining unauthorized access to usernames, passwords, and the contents of emails during transit.
This underscores the importance of ensuring robust security protocols across all facets of your company’s digital communications.
How to Work Safer With Webmail
When we are online, we must be cautious. Webmail includes a number of security features that might provide you with peace of mind when chatting with others. Let’s show you the ways you can keep yourself secure:
1. Enable Spam Filter
one.com comes standard with a comprehensive spam filter, which we strongly advise you to keep activated.
By leaving it enabled, spam and phishing emails are more likely to wind up in the spam folder, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally clicking on any risky links.
If you still wish to disable the spam filter, go to your one.com control panel or Webmail.
In the control panel of one.com:
- Go to Mail administration
- Click the three dots on the right side of the email account
- Click Deactivate spam filter
On your Webmail:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Security in the menu to the left.
- Click Edit to the right of the Spam filter.
- Select the slider button to activate or deactivate the spam filter.
2. Set Login Alerts
When you enable this option, an SMS notification is delivered whenever someone logs into your email account from a different country.
If you did not log in, you can change your password and prevent unauthorized access right away. If you travel regularly, you can specify which countries should not receive SMS alerts.
How to Configure Login Alerts in Webmail:
- Click the Settings icon in the menu to the left.
- Go to Login Alerts.
- Click the Enable mobile number-slider button.
- Type in your number.
- Click Save.
3. Set Trusted Senders
Add email addresses from people you know and trust to your trusted sender list to ensure you don’t miss any essential communications.
This ensures that the emails are always sent to your mailbox. Emails sent from a trustworthy sender email address will never land in your spam folder.
How to Configure Trusted Senders in Webmail:
- Click the Settings icon in the menu to the left.
- Go to Trusted senders.
- Type the email address you want to add to the list
- Click Add.
4. Block Senders
We’ve all received unsolicited emails, such as spam or phishing. Blocking undesirable senders is the best method to avoid this. This will automatically move spam emails from these senders to the Spam folder.
To block senders in webmail:
- Click the three vertical dots to the right of the email.
- Click Block sender.
The sender will be added to your list of blocked senders.
5. Use Strong Passwords
The value of having a secure password cannot be overstated. We advise against reusing passwords and instead using unique passwords for each login. If one of your passwords is compromised, your other logins will be unaffected.
If one.com notifies you that your password has been compromised due to a data leak on another website, please act quickly and change your password in your Webmail settings or your one.com control panel.